Tax investigations are on the increase
as HMRC looks to tax to reduce the Government budget deficit. Tax
investigations can be disruptive, intrusive and expensive, often
lasting for many months and sometimes years. Anyone who completes a
tax return can be selected at random for a tax investigation. Win
or lose you will always have to pay the cost of fighting the tax
To protect our clients we offer a Tax Investigation Service to
protect you from the costs of a HMRC tax investigation. This
service is backed by an insurance policy the practice has taken out
via Abbey Tax Protection. This covers self assessment tax returns,
corporate tax returns, PAYE and VAT investigations.
For details of our Tax Investigation services please download the
appropriate brochure "Tax Investigation Service Summary".
Starting up a new business can be very
daunting with so many aspects to consider - finance, tax, national
insurance and legal structure. Whether it is a full-scale business
plan or advice on VAT, we are here to help you and offer a free no
obligation initial meeting for all new start ups.
We can help you ...
• Choose the most suitable legal structure for your
• Form your new company using our company formation
• Register your new business with Companies House and HMRC.
• Advice on tax efficient business set up.
• Provide advice on choosing Sage or other accounting
• Free bookkeeping spreadsheet (if needed) and bookkeeping
• Prepare a business plan, cash-flow projections and
• Assess what finance you need and how you can access it.
• Identify the full range of allowable business expenses.
• Help you maximise the profits in your business.
And the benefits for you...
• Advice to guide you through the new start minefield.
• Confidence that you have the most tax efficient and
• The knowledge that you have the financial systems to control
• Reassurance that help is only a call away.
Our own experience is that our agent
ensures a speedy formation. Our services include:-
• Checking with Companies House for a suitable and
• Completion of relevant documents.
• Discussing with you the standard memorandum and Articles
• Supplying certificate of corporation and copies of the
& Articles of Association together with the
statutory book and
company seal (if requested).
• The issuing of shares and completion of the relevant
• Registering the company for VAT and PAYE as appropriate.
• Registering the company with HMRC and for VAT,
corporation tax and
PAYE asappropriate. We provide assistance on company
matters and a registered office facility.
Whether you are a new business or an
existing business requiring a fresh perspective or assistance with
financing our business plans and forecasting can assist you.
Professional assistance is likely to reassure a lender and the
review of the business plan against management figures is an
important and logical extension to their preparation with which we
We will deal with the preparation of management accounts on a
regular basis using analytical tools to highlight trends and key
performance indicators. Discuss and meet with you on a regular
All businesses have a duty of care
under the Health & Safety regime. It is essential that policies
and procedures are in place and that they tie in with other formal
documentation relating to the business. We can help by putting you
in touch with specialists who can not only supply advice but also
training, guidance and perform regular annual reviews.
We are not registered insolvency
practioners but we regularly work with specialist firms to assist
clients with their needs.